A few updates for last week:
- The new motor drivers have been successfully stress tested and integrated into the rear tray. Our primitive driver is completed and communicating through our hardware application layer to control the drivers.
- The merge board, which accepts connections from our two battery pods and separates the supply voltage into our tewo rails (16V and 32V) and can handle hot swapping pods and or a shore power connection, is completed and programmed. The board offers over-current protection among other integrated safety features, to prevent damage downstream should a fault occur in the electrical system.
- The battery pod boards were populated today and are currently being programmed.
- The navigation computer is currently being coded. Once the low level sensor communication is achieved, we will begin calibrating the sensors, i.e., rail tests to obtain alignment vectors for the IMU and DVL, magnetometer calibration, dynamic current calibration, etc.
- Things are coming together quickly and we’re ready to be in the pool as soon as we can!